|MSc in Advance Manufacturing and Automation Engineering.||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||2012|
|BSc in Mechanical Engineering.||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||2004|
Full – Time Contract:
- Jan. 2014 – To Present: Dedan Kimathi University of Technology (DeKUT) – Lecturer Dept. Of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering
- I am a lecturer in the departments of Mechanical Engineering. My area of research is optimization of geothermal drilling processes through simulation and modeling.
- I was in charge of Planning, Co-ordinating and Monitoring of Kengen’s Geothermal Resource Development (GRD) Project. The core mandate of GRD is to drill geothermal wells for energy production. The Planning section co-ordinates the activities all the GRD’s sections.
- My specific duties included: Project Planning and Project Optimization for cost, quality and timeliness; Budgeting for GRD operations; Budget performance monitoring; Project Progress Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting; Contract Negotiation; and Contract Implementation Monitoring.
- In addition, I was tasked with rolling out and implementation of PRINCE2 Project management for Geothermal Resource Development. This included developing the tools required to support PRINCE2. I further was a change agent in the rollout of 4 Disciplines of Execution change program, in charge of GRD.
- I worked as a Drilling Engineer at Kengen. My responsibilities included preparation of drilling programs, procurement, managing drilling logistics and drilling supervision. This was an apprenticeship role.
- I worked in the department of Mechanical Engieering as Teaching Assistant. Duties included conducting experiments, lecturing, and assisting in research. I also participated in the curriculum development for Bachelor of Science in Mining and Mineral Processing.
- I was a technical representative for Ashmark Ltd. Ashmark specialized in the provision of industrial spare parts for milling companies. My responsibility included sourcing for parts, delivery and installation supervision. I was also responsible for identifying and developing new markets.
Part – Time & Contract:
- Oct. 2012 – Present: Merzak Universal Limited – Team Leader/Mechanical Engineer Consultant
- Merzak Universal Ltd. Provides Consultancy Services in the field of Renewable Energy and Industrial projects. I am the team leader of all renewable energy projects undertaken by Merzak Universal Ltd.,/li>
- I worked part time at JKUAT, Department of Mechanical Engineering as a Part – time Lecturer. My areas of specializations are Industrial Management, Operations Management, Manufacturing Systems and Project Controls.
Selected Work Experience
- Consultancy for geothermal drilling services provision for a key geothermal services provider (2014 – Ongoing)
- Development and Implementation of Overall Project Management Methodology
- Development and documentation of a Methodology for drilling supervision
- Preparation of supervision methodology for support civil works (pad Preparation) and well completion tests
- Site identification and investigation
- Co-ordinate experts required for the study (Surveyors, EIA, and Hydrologists)
- Evaluate and optimize the potential of the hydro – power project
- Selecting and sizing of the electro – mechanical equipment for the project
- Economic Analysis and Evaluation