Mr. Stephen Kimayu Musau
School: School of Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering
|PhD. in Mechanical Engineering||Dedan Kimathi University of Technology||ongoing (3rd year)|
|MSc. in Mechanical Engineering||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||2015|
|BSc. in Mechanical Engineering||Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||2011|
Areas of Expertise
- Industrial hydraulics
- Pneumatics and Nenewable energy (Wind turbines)
- Nov 2021 – To date : Lecturer, Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Apr 2015 – Oct 2021 : Assistant Lecturer , Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Oct 2014 – Mar 2015 : Tutorial Fellow , Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Sep 2011- Oct 2014 : Teaching Assistant , Dedan Kimathi University of Technology
- Mar 2011 – Aug 2011 : Site Supervison Engineer, Shabaha Engineering ltd
- Jan 2011 – Mar 2011 : Trainee , Machakos Municipality
- Jan 2008 – Apr 2008 : Trainee, Athi River Mining ltd
- Jan 2009 – Apr 2009 : Trainee, Davis & Shirtliff ltd
- Jan 2007 – Apr 2007 : Trainee, JKUAT Engineering Workshops
Other University and National Responsibilities
- University of Siegen March 2019 – July 2019 – Trained on Design of Small Wind Turbines Guided undergraduate students in University of Siegen for laboratory paracticals for Fluid mechanics.
- S.K. musau and P.N. Kioni, Numerical Study of NOx Formation during combustion of syngas fuel ; Laminar counterflow syngas triple flames. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2015.
ii) Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Stephen K. Musau(September 2021) , Performance prediction method for HAWTs and its applications, AIMS Energy.
- Performance assessment of local biomass powered cereal drier used by small-scale Kenyan farmers. Accepted in International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research. Published in May 2015 issue.
- Madaraka F. Mwema, Kimayu S. Musau and Mburu J. Ngugi. (2012). Thermal Characterization of biomass powered cereal drier (Batch type). Submitted to 8th Annual International Conference, Moi University, Eldoret.
- Madaraka F. Mwema, Kimayu S. Musau and Muyundo J Wanyonyi. (2013). Performance analysis on typical homemade biomass powered cereal drier. Abstract submitted to Kabarak University 2nd Annual International Scientific Conference.
iii) Publications in conference proceedings
- Stephen K. Musau, P. N. Kioni, A. Gitahi and S. K. Musau(2013). Effect of syngas Composition on NOx Formation in Counterflow Syngas/air Triple Flame. Presented in KSEEE-JSAEM 2013, International Engineering Conference.
- J. M. Ngugi, P. N. Kioni, A. Gitahi and S.K. Musau (2013). Effect of pressure and equivalence ratio on Nitric oxide formation in methane/air, methanol/air and Methanol formate/air homogenous ignition. Presented in KSEEE-JSAEM 2013.
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- Awarded as the third best innovator for water technologies in the country 2015 during Kenya water week- water harvesting and storage using advanced farm ponds.
Other Academic and Professional Achievements
- Trained on small wind turbines (design and manufacture )in the university of Siegen- German (March 2019 – July 2019).
a) Ongoing research in PhD Mechanical Enginnering (Wind Turbines for low speed applications)
- Renewable Energy
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Graduate Engineer – Engineers Board of Kenya