Designation: Tutorial Fellow
School: School of Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering
|PhD Mechanical Engineering||DeKUT||Ongoing|
|MSc. Mechanical Engineering||DeKUT||2020|
|BSc. Mechanical Engineering||DeKUT||2016|
Areas of Expertise
- Mechanical Engineering: Thermodynamics (Combustion) and Fluid Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- May 2020 – To date: Tutorial Fellow – DeKUT
- January 2017 – April 2020: Graduate Assistant – DeKUT
Other University and National Responsibilities
- September 2018 – To date: Departmental Timetable Coordinator, Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Misoi, Henry, Josephat Tanui, and Patrick Wanjiru. “Recent Advances in Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering of Carbon Dioxide for Combustion Diagnostic.(Article Review).” European Journal of Engineering and Technology Research 6, no. 1 (2021): 42-47. doi.org/10.24018/ejeng.2021.6.1.2301
- Wanjiru, P., Karuri, N., Wanyeki, P., Kioni, P. and Tanui, J., 2020. Numerical simulation of the effect of diluents on NO x formation in methane and methyl formate fuels in counter flow diffusion flame. AIMS Environmental Science, 7(2), pp.140-152. doi: 10.3934/environsci.2020008
- Maina, Francis Irungu, Nahashon Osinde, Japheth Ka’pesha Odira, Patrick Kariuki Wanjiru, and Margaret Wanjiku Mwangi. “4D Printing and Characterization of Shape Memory Polymer (SMP) Based Smart Gripper.” (2020). doi.org/10.24018/ejeng.2020.5.10.2174
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- ZESS (Center for Sensor Systems) University of Siegen scholarship award – Research Stays for University of Siegen for PhD research, (2022).
- ERASMUS+ exchange programme scholarship award – Research Stays for University of Siegen for PHD Research, (2022).
- DeKUT PhD scholarship, (2021).
- DAAD – Bridg-IT exchange programme scholarship award – Research Stays for Technical University of Wildau for Msc Mechanical Research, (2017).
- DeKUT Masters scholarship, (2017).
a) Ongoing/Completed Researches
- Ongoing Research: Spectrally and Spatially resolved combustion analysis in Internal Combustion Engine.
- Completed Research: Emmision analysis in combustion of Methyl-fuel diffusion flames.
b) Research funding: (Indicate the Source, Amount & Year)
- DeKUT Graduate Assiatnship Programme; 33000 Ksh (Publication fee); 2019
- Emmission analysis in combustion of methylesters.
- Combustion analysis in biodiesel fuels.
- Spatailly and spectrally resolved combustion analysis in a combustion engine (Diesel, Kerosene and LNG).
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Graduate Engineer (IEK 2021) Membership.
- Graduate Engineer (EBK 2016) Membership.