Mr. Nickson Ronoh Kipkurui
Designation: Tutorial Fellow
School: School of Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering
|PhD Advanced Materials and Nanosciences||CEITEC, BUT (Czech Republic)||Ongoing|
|MSc. Mechanical Engineering||Dedan Kimathi Univerity of Technology||2020|
|BSc. Mechanical Engineering||Dedan Kimathi Univerity of Technology||2015|
Areas of Expertise
- Mechanical engineering – Materials: Processing and Characterization
- May, 2020 – To date: Tutorial Fellow, Dedan Kimathi Univerity of Technology
- Jan 2017 – April, 2020: Graduate Assistant, Dedan Kimathi Univerity of Technology
- Jan 2016 – Dec 2016: Machine Maintenance Assistant – PML, Nairobi
Other University and National Responsibilities
- July 2018 – Jan 2022: Departmental Exams Coordinator; Mechanical Engineering Department, DeKUT.
- K. Ronoh, F. Mwema, S. Dabees, and D. Sobola, “Advances in sustainable grinding of different types of the titanium biomaterials for medical applications: A review,” Biomed. Eng. Adv., vol. 4, no. July, p. 100047, Dec. 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bea.2022.100047
- N. K. Angwenyi, N. M. Senga, N. K. Ronoh, F. M. Mwema, E. T. Akinlabi, and B. Tanya, “The effects of machining parameters on conventional machining: An overview,” Mater. Today Proc., vol. 44, pp. 1540–1542, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.11.751
- K. N. Ronoh, N. W. Karuri, F. M. Mwema, H. T. Ngetha, S. A. Akinlabi, and E. T. Akinlabi, “Evaluation of the surface roughness of Ti-6Al-4V for surface grinding under different cooling methods using conventional and vegetable oil-based cutting fluids,” Tribol. Ind., vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 634–647, 2019, https://doi.org/10.24874/ti.2019.41.04.15
- K. N. Ronoh, F. M. Mwema, S. A. Akinlabi, E. T. Akinlabi, N. W. Karuri, and H. T. Ngetha, “Effects of cooling conditions and grinding depth on sustainable surface grinding of Ti-6Al-4V: Taguchi approach,” AIMS Mater. Sci., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 697–712, 2019, https://doi.org/10.3934/matersci.2019.5.697
Papers presented in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- The 5th DeKUT International Conference on Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Dates: 13th – 15th November 2019.
Awards, Scholarships and Recognitions
- PhD Scholarship – CEITEC-BUT, 2022.
- DAAD-BridG iT (MSc Research Exchange Scholarship programme) – TH-Wildau, Germany, 2017.
- Masters Scholarship (Graduate Assistantship Program (GAP)) – DeKUT, 2017.
a) Ongoing/Completed Researches
- Ongoing Research: Laser Processing of Materials and Thin Film Depositions.
- Completed Research: Grinding of Titanium alloy for Medical Implants.
b) Ongoing/Completed Researches
- DeKUT Graduate Assistantship Program (GAP) – Ksh. 80, 000.00, 2019.
- Biomaterials: Titanium Alloys, NiTi.
- Laser Processing of Materials: Surface Modification.
- Metallic Alloys (Monel 400, 699-XA, Kanthal) and Graphitic Materials (HOPG).
- Thin Film Deposition.
Affiliation/Membership to Professional Bodies
- Graduate Engineer – Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK).
- Graduate Engineer – The Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).