The mission of the Department is to produce mechanical engineering graduates with the best skills and can work internationally.
The vision of the Department is to be the best training and research centre for mechanical engineering and related studies both nationally and internationally.
- To become a center of excellence in mechanical engineering training and research
- To produce graduates with an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mechanical engineering discipline
- To produce graduates with an ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering and technology
- To produce graduates with an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve engineering processes
- To produce graduates with an ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components for processes appropriate to program objectives
- To produce graduates with an ability to function effectively on teams and communicate effectively
- To produce graduates with an ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- To produce graduates with a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- To produce graduates with an ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities, and commitment to quality, timeliness and continuous improvement
- A respect for diversity and knowledge of contemporary professionals, societal and global issues.
The programme stakeholders includes all the players in the manufacturing sector, power generation, distribution and transmission, construction industry, aviation, marine transport, biomedical, automotive, defense industry, space industry among many other areas.
The Mechanical Engineering Program at DKUT is accredited by the Engineering Registration Board (ERB) and complies with quality requirements of Commission of Higher Education (CHE). The department intends to seek accreditation for its undergraduate programme (BSc. Mechanical Engineering) with International accreditation bodies such as American Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) and The Engineering Council which is the UK regulatory body for the engineering profession.